Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alex Alex is offline

Default How do I make a "contact sheet" of photos?

Jay,
Thanks for the tip. I'll try Snagit.

Alex

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

There is another possibility. The SnagIt program (www.techsmith.com) can take a
screen capture and save it directly as a JPG. I haven't played with this aspect
of the program enough to know whether it can automatically size the image while
it's saving it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it can -- it's a very versatile
program. You can download a time-limited trial version from the website to see
what it can do.

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 11:21:01 -0800, Alex wrote:

Yes, Jay, that's what I want to do--print a thumbnail view of all the files
in a given folder.

I've got a real cumbersome workaround: convert all documents to PDF then
open them in Adobe and save as JPG. It takes time so I was hoping for a
quick and easy solution!

Thanks for your help!
Alex

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Do you mean you want your contact sheet to include, say, a thumbnail of each
Word document or other Office document, as well as thumbnails of graphics files?
If that's what you're after, no, I don't know how to do that, in Word or in any
other program.

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:49:01 -0800, Alex wrote:

Thanks, Jay.
I've been using Irfan and the contact sheet printer works great for image
files. I guess I asked the wrong question though. What I really want to do
is print a contact sheet of the thumbnails in a folder containing many file
types such as Word documents, photos, Powerpoints, etc. Any idea how to do
that? I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Alex

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 07:47:00 -0800, Alex wrote:

Is there a way to make a table and automatically insert photos from a folder?

There's a much easier way than using Word. Download the free program IrfanView
(www.irfanview.com). On the file menu, click Thumbnails. Choose the folder,
select the pictures you want, and click File Create contact sheet. It also has
lots of options for picture size, additional text, etc.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman