Cowtoon

Well Suzanne, it is a page orientation that's changing, so I guess you are
right. My mission was to insert a continuous page break to help with my page
numbering dilema, but that obviously doesn't work.

Any change in getting your help on this. I have a number of sections in the
document. In one part of the document, let's call it a chapter (for
explanation purposes) I can't fool that part of the document to behave as a
single large grouping - can't get the total number of pages for that chapter
to behave as one ... because of the extra sections breaks required for page
orientation changes.
The pagination displays as follows: (I'll put an "SB" where I've inserted a
section break). As the following illustrates, there are 22 pages in all. I
can get the "x" of y to report correction, but the "Y" value is my problem.
1 of 12
2 of 12
3 of 12
through to 12 of 12, then (SB - for page orientation change)
13 of 6
14 of 6
15 of 6
16 of 6
17 of 6
18 of 6 (SB for page orientation change)
19 of 4
20 of 4
21 of 4
22 of 4
.... then a new chapter

I'm reluctant to simply type the number in because I'm just a temp and
others will work on this document and will encounter problems, if you know
what I mean.

PS ... I read through the documentation provided by you and others, but
can't find an example for this particular problem, although I could probably
use the = function to force the total number to be true for that part of the
document. (those I'm working for, want each chapter to have it's own
numbering.

Thanks for your thoughts. Diana

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Some changes in document formatting require a Next Page break (change in
paper size or orientation, for example), but if you're getting a Next Page
break where you're sure one is not necessary, don't try to replace it or
reinsert it. Instead, place the insertion point in the document after the
section break, go to the Layout tab of Page Setup, and change the section
start type to Continuous.

"Cowtoon" wrote in message
Help.
I'm trying to insert a continuous section break, but when I do, it inserts

section break "new page" instead. I have page numbering that needs to
continue to accumulate, but with a "new" page section break, it messes my
page numbering (or at least that's what I believe).

Is there a reason why I can't insert a continuous break?
Thanks for any help.