Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Default Can we customize font size so at Doc. open its a different siz

Does Mr. Daniels imagine that people have nothing else to do with their
lives than study the posting times of his mostly incorrect posts?

Unlike your stalkers, as you like to call them, you rarely know the right
answer to any question.

I will not assume knowledge not explicit in their postings.
Oh really? Now there is a sharp reversal of habit. Who crowed these words
less than a month ago?

"Try reading for _content_ and _context_ rather than, as you always do,
only for the specific question asked, where a more sensitive reader
can intuit what's actually going on from what is unsaid."

Cheers.

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
If Mr Bentley-Mix (my _second_ stalker! am I lucky, or what?) had
bothered to look at the posting times of my two suggestions, he would
have seen that the second suggestion was an afterthought, nearly four
hours later -- precisely because, unlike my stalkers, who are sure
they always know the one right answer to every question, I remember
what it was like to be new to word processing (some 25 years ago), and
I evidently have considerably more empathy with the people who
typically ask such questions -- I will not assume knowledge not
explicit in their postings. (A trait that Suzanne possesses in
abundance, as well.)

On Nov 15, 8:22 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Changing the zoom setting changes the apparent font size. We know
from
reading posts here that users often think the font has become larger
because
they have inadvertently zoomed in. I agree that Peter's
interpretation of
the request was farfetched, but I think it was a valid comment in
any case.
If you want to print something out in a larger font size to be more
readable, that's one thing, but often people do just want it to be
more
readable onscreen, and many users are unaware of the Zoom control.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Gordon Bentley-Mix on
news.microsoft.com"gordon(dot)bentleymix(at)gmail (dot)com wrote in
message

news

Oh pul-eeze! That's gumby reasoning if ever I heard it! Stretch
anymore and
the wires will start poking out.

The OP makes very clear reference to changing the font size from one
specific value (11) to another (16). No where does the OP say
anything about
making the font more readable on the screen. And while many tasks
in Word can
be accomplished in a multitude of ways, changing the zoom setting
absolutely
does *NOT* change the font size. Peter has once again ventured
outside his very limited area of expertise and is talking through a
hole in his hat; stop
defending him.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion
Groups - no
membership required!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, in fairness, the OP didn't actually say he wanted the font
to be larger on printout, and it could very well be that he does
just want them to
be more readable onscreen. I don't think this is particularly
likely, but it's not impossible, and in Word there is always more
than one way to skin a
cat.

http://word.mvps.org

"Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com"
gordon(dot)bentleymix(at)gmail(dot)com wrote in message
Yeah, that'd do it. Everybody *knows* that when you set the zoom
in Word
it
automatically increases the font size on printed documents as
well.

More honking from the plonker...
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion
Groups -
no
membership required!

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Or maybe you just want to set your Zoom to 150%?

On Nov 15, 11:29 am, JE wrote:
My word docs always open at font size 11. I wouldm like to
change this
to 16.
How do we do that?
Thanks, JE