Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Documents Jumping Back to the Beginning....

If you're using Compare Side by Side With, you can specify whether documents
scroll simultaneously or not. Also note that your position in a document is
determined by the position of the insertion point, not what page you're
looking at; that is, you could be viewing page 20, while the insertion point
(if you haven't been doing any editing) remains on page 1.

"Daniel-San" (Rot13) wrote in message
Terry,

Thanks for the info, but my laptop's mouse is disabled -- I use a wired
full-size mouse when doing this. The only "clicking" I do is on the

taskbar,
switching between documents. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
The most common reason for jumping is with laptop users with a touchpad
device. The over-sensitive touchpad only needs to be accidentally

brushed
and it simulated a mouse click. If the document hasn't been edited, the
active cursor is probably still at the beginning of the document, so a
mouse click takes the focus back to the cursor (the beginning of the
document).

Ties is usually resolved by desensitizing the touchpad or disabling the
double-click simulation.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Daniel-San" (Rot13) wrote in message
Oh, Mighty MVPs....

In the process of editing papers, it is common for me to have more than
one version of the paper open (different filenames, obviously) to allow
me to flip back and forth between the versions, comparing as I go.

Often,
when flipping to one from the other, Word jumps to the beginning of the
document. I have no idea why this happens, or if it is a Word-driven

(as
opposed to Windows-driven) event. It's certainly not the worst thing

that
can happen, but scrolling down and then finding where you left off is a
bit of a PITA. I've tried the Shift+F5 thingy, but I'm usually only
editing one of the documents, the other is merely there to see

comments,
etc., so it has no effect.

Any ideas? I hope I'm not hallucinating.

Thanks,

Dan