Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Field section in Header is to high

Well, you can use a formula field as follows: { = { SECTION } - 2 }

To enter each pair of field delimiters, press Ctrl+F9. Use F9 to update the
field construct. Press Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Erbenius" wrote in message ...

The section number (in field Section) is too high because I have two
sections before the section that I will call number one.

Can I manipulate with the field section number (section - 2), so I get
the right sectionnumber in the Header.

I ask very kindly for help.