Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
olddog618

Default Why do I get an extra page when I mail merge a word document?

I am new to using mail merge, and the first time I tried it was from a list
of contacts in Outlook. It worked great except I got an extra blank page
after each letter. I was sure the letter fit on one page and there were no
extra lines at the end. The blank pages did not show up if I scrolled trhough
the letters, but they did appear in the page count at the bottom of the
screen, and they came out when I printed the job. Today I am trying again,
with another source for the address list, and it merged fine, but I am having
the same problem. If I just use the first record to create a letter it does
not put in an extra sheet, but as soon as I do more than one it throws the
extra sheet in after each one until the last one.