Greg Maxey

Yes you can have multiple IF conditions.

{ IF { Test }="1""SEATLLE"{ IF{ Test }="2""PORTLAND"{ IF {
Test }="3""FRESNO"}}}

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

zSplash wrote:
But, can I have multi-elses? I tried, and got error: Unknown op code
for conditional:

{IF{MERGEFIELD Office}=1 "Seattle" {IF{MERGEFIELD Office}=2 "Portland"
{IF{MERGEFIELD Office}=3 "Fresno" {IF{MERGEFIELD Office}=4 "Tucson"}

I see that there are more left wavy brackets than right ones, and
that I haven't concluded the equation (what if not 1, 2, 3, or 4),
but I don't understand. Could someone help or direct me to a good
rudimentary explanation? TIA

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
You want the City in CAPs correct?

Try {Mergefield City \* UPPER }

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

zSplash wrote:
How do I code multi-else's using mail merge? Example: I want
whatever is City to be Ucase, but evidently I can't use VBA code in
mail merges, so I can figure out how to make Seattle capitalized if
City = Seattle, but how do I add other cities? I have tried, but
only get City instead of TUCSON:

{IF {MERGEFIELD City}= Seattle "SEATTLE" {IF{MERGEFIELD City} =
Tucson "TUCSON"} ""}

If City one of my "defined" cities, can I just merge, and let
the field stop and let the user manually type in (capitalized) City?

I hope my question is clear. TIA.