Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Changing default print settings

The printer setting is determined by the document setting on the reviewing
toolbar. If that is set to 'showing markup' then so will the printer.

A workaround would be to intercept the toolbar print button to provide the
choice eg

Sub FilePrintDefault()
Dim sPrint As String
sPrint = MsgBox("Print with Markup", vbYesNo)
If sPrint = vbYes Then
Application.PrintOut Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentWithMarkup
Else
Application.PrintOut Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent
End If
End Sub

You can still change individual items from the file print command.

Louise wrote:
Hi all

I have a large document which contains numerous comments. When I
print this document, 9 times out of 10 I want to print it WITHOUT the
comments, however, I tend to forget to change the setting in the
Print dialog box, and it is defaulted to 'document showing markup',
therefore the comments print too.

If I change the setting to 'document', it changes for that one print
only and when I print it again, it goes back to 'showing markup'. Is
there a default setting I change somewhere for printing, so the by
default the comments don't print?

Thank you.
Louise