Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louise Louise is offline

Default Changing default print settings

Graham

Thank you for your reply, however, I have copied your macro and got the
following error message:

Compile Error:
Invalid otside procedure

Any ideas what this means?

Thanks again.
Louise

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The printer setting is determined by the document setting on the reviewing
toolbar. If that is set to 'showing markup' then so will the printer.

A workaround would be to intercept the toolbar print button to provide the
choice eg

Sub FilePrintDefault()
Dim sPrint As String
sPrint = MsgBox("Print with Markup", vbYesNo)
If sPrint = vbYes Then
Application.PrintOut Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentWithMarkup
Else
Application.PrintOut Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent
End If
End Sub

You can still change individual items from the file print command.

Louise wrote:
Hi all

I have a large document which contains numerous comments. When I
print this document, 9 times out of 10 I want to print it WITHOUT the
comments, however, I tend to forget to change the setting in the
Print dialog box, and it is defaulted to 'document showing markup',
therefore the comments print too.

If I change the setting to 'document', it changes for that one print
only and when I print it again, it goes back to 'showing markup'. Is
there a default setting I change somewhere for printing, so the by
default the comments don't print?

Thank you.
Louise