Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Application.Version

You stated your objective as knowing what version of Word created the
document. Since that will be specific to each computer, knowing which
computer produced the document will tell you that.

But you seem happier herding dead horses.

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
"Jezebel" wrote:

Because a lot of posts fix on a preconceived method ....

It is the document that I am interested in not the computer on which it
was
created; I can see the document (saved in a database as a BLOB). Why would
be interested in maintaining a table of computer names and their
respective
versions of Word? If I rely on this, I am guaranteeing a wild goose chase
for
sure as there is no way to ensure that the table is up to date except by
conducting an audit of all computers. In my case, the document can be
created
by a client off-site and I have no way of getting to it ....