Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bjoeran1 bjoeran1 is offline

Default Word 2007 - field "Update automatic links at open" does not wo

Thanks a lot! You would wonder why the field is there in the first place :-)

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See the following KB article:

The FILENAME field does not automatically update when you open a document in
Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832897/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bjoeran1" wrote in message
In the footer I have the field { FILENAME \*Caps \* MERGEFORMAT }, i.e.
show
the file name of the document. Although I have selected the "Update
automatic
links at open" in "Word Options / Advanced / General", the link is not
updated when opening the document. The document is using a template I have
created myself. When I first create the document I see "Document1" in the
footer. I then save the document to the name XXXX.docx for example. When
opening the document again, it still shows "Document1". Should also be
said
that the first page has a different footer than the remaining pages (do
not
have the file name on the first page) - if that would matter.