Greg Maxey

Chrysie,

You can sort of:

Word has no provision for numbering in reverse order. But you can set up a
semiautomatic numbering sequence using a combination of formula, SET and SEQ
fields .

Example: { SET HighNr 11 }{ = HighNr - { SEQ RevNrList } }
{ = HighNr - { SEQ RevNrList } }
{ = HighNr - { SEQ RevNrList } }
Display: 10
9
8

See: http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MiscFram.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Chrysie wrote:
That definitely achieved the formatting I was after. It's
unfortunate that Microsoft doesn't allow the user to reverse the
numbering order for a
numbered list or similar style.

Thanks for your help Michael. Your directions were perfect.

Chrysie

"Michael" wrote:

I think I understand what you're trying to do. You want the text
lined up vertically when it wraps, as in #4. Position the curson to
the left of the
4. On the horizontal ruler at the top of the page are the indent
controls. Move all three so that the dotted line lines up with the
text in the number 5 line. The top triangle is the first-line
indent. Pull the triangle so that the 4 lines up with the 5. This
way all text will flow in a line vertically, regardless of the word
wrap. I hope this is understandable. Good luck.

"Chrysie" wrote:

I'm creating a score card in Word. I'd like it to look as follows:

5 I'd like the text to allign to the tabbed space between text
and number 4 In a word wrap situation, I'd still like the text
alligned so that the text
is all lined up together - indented
3 Even more text here
2 Still more text