Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How can a single document have a single style with different fonts and sizes?

The whole point of PDF is that it is a graphical representation of the
document that is not intended to be edited. Any converter or OCR software
capable of handling the content and converting it to Word will be hit and
miss and if you are hoping to get an exact facsimile of the original. you
are dreaming. The best plan is usually to extract just the text and rebuild
it from scratch.

For difficult to convert PDFs the best plan is to use a good quality OCR
package such as Finereader - or you could try PDF2Text

Once you have the text loaded into Word, it behaves like any other text and
is amenable to Words extensive formatting capability.

.

John Dalberg wrote:
I have tried different pdf to Word converters. I noticed that while
the output Word document shows different fonts and font sizes, when I
click anywhere in the document, the style shown is always the same. I
thought each text which have different fonts or sizes belong to
different styles.

How can I change a font size for all text that uses a certain font and
size? When I choose select all instances for a style (in my case it
seems there's only one style), it selects the whole document. I can't
selectively choose certain paragraphs.

A related question would be which pdf to Word converter can output
Word documents which have different styles?

John Dalberg