It sounds as if you may be setting up the booklet incorrectly to begin with.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm for tips. To
remove the duplicate page number, View | Header and Footer, select the page
number, and Delete. But if you used Insert | Page Numbers to insert it, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm for safe
removal.

"bag lady" bag wrote in message
I am trying to print out a manuscript in booklet format. When I print it,

the
page number of the left page is shown at the top of the right page. For
example, on page 6, the number 6 is shown at the bottom of page 6 and at

the
top of page 71, with the number 71 shown at the bottom of page 71. I want

remove the duplicate number at the top of the right page.