Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kathy Webster Kathy Webster is offline

Default MsgBox during merge

Is there a way to put code somewhere in the merge form itself

There are several ways to start a merge. What is your understanding of a
"Merge form" ?

I don't have a problem starting the merge. I have a problem interceding once
the merge has started. A Merge Form, in my definition, is started through
Tools, letters and mailings, creating the main document and the datasource.
I am refering to the Main Document when I refer to "Mergeform." It has
{MERGEFIELD} codes in it, as well as Word field codes, such as{FILLIN},
{ASK}, etc.

I want the merge to start and process up to a certain point, then stick in a
Message along the way. I can start the merge with VBA, no problem. I'm
having trouble interceding midway through the mergeform with a message box.