Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Document protection - removing highlighting

Hi ETMR

As far as I know, there is no way to turn off the yellow highlighting
permanently. It comes on whenever you open a document that is protected,
with some regions available for editing.

I share your frustration! I don't like this behaviour either.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"ETMR" wrote in message
I have my word document protected so that the recipient can only fill in
certain areas. My problem is that when I send the document, these areas
are
highlighted in a faint yellow which doesn't look very professional. I can
remove this highlighting when I view the document (once I enforce
protection
there is the option to remove the highlighting) but if I save and re-open
the
document the highlighting re-appears. Is there any way that I can remove
the
highlighting on the areas that may be edited?