Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I like 2003 appearence much better.

Hello Markinro

MARKINRO wrote:
[..]
1. Allow user to switch between the ribbon and the old menu/toolbar
interface. Deafult to the ribbon

while I sympathize with that feeling, I prefer them to get the ribbon
right instead of having to juggle with both GUIs.

2. Keep all 2003 shortcuts. Again an option for #1

Most are kept, I'd say.

3. Upgrade ALL office apps at the SAME time. Outlook 2007 has the previous
GUI. Now, users need to be familiar with both GUI's

Fair enough. Doesn't bother me personally, because a) I'm not such a
heavy Outlook user, and b) to me, Outlook is such a different type of
application in contrast to the "big three" (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).

4. Compatible file formats. Is there an add-on for 2003 that can read 2007
formats ?

Yes, there is, back to Word 2000. Indeed, all hell would break loose
otherwise! :-)

Let the user default the format so they do not have to select it
all the time.

Meaning?

You guys REALLY messed up on this one. I doubt many people are upgrading.
I'm re-installing my 2003.

Most (SOHO) users are not upgrading anyway: if they are buying any
Office version, it's usually the latest one with a new computer. Now,
corporate users, that's a different story entirely. Only time will tell.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |