Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Convert Text to Table

Easier to import it into Excel first (which has a fixed-width parser), then
copy and paste into Word (where it will end up as a table).

"Ed Sheehan" wrote in message
I need to convert fixed-width text, delimited by spaces, to a table. I'll
end up with 5 columns. The layout is below, and I need the columns to be
placed like this (it won't look right if you're not reading this with a
fixed pitch font):

| | | |
v v v v
000000 CN 1
111111 AC
333333 AC
444444 CN 1
555555 CN 1
666666 CN 1
777777 AC
888888 CN 1

I've tried several times to convert this using convert text to table, but
I end up with, shall we say, displeasing results. I can put it to Excel
and drag column guides and it's fine, but can't word manage the same
thing?

Thanks,

Ed