Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SuzieDWong SuzieDWong is offline

Default Can't select picture in a word 2007 document

Thank you Graham
That worked - going about it the wrong way obviously!
Suz

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you think the image may be in the header, did you open the header view
before attempting to select it with the 'Select' tool on the home tab?

SuzieDWong wrote:
My picture in Word 2007 is behind the text and will not select even
using the tip. It may be in the header and acting as a watermark but
whatever it will not select. I tried sending text backward and that
does not work. The drawing toolbar is not active because it does not
recognise the picture exists. Help!

"Steve Franks" wrote:

Thanks, that makes life much easier.
--
Steve Franks

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

This can be difficult in Word 2003 and earlier, too. Try clicking
the Select Objects tool in the Home ribbon. This makes it easier to
grab things like pictures and other objects that have been placed
into the drawing layer.

At the right end of the Home tab's ribbon, click Select - Select
Objects. This will give you a pointer that's a bit more sticky with
respect to floating objects.

You can right-click on Select Objects and add it to the Quick
Access Toolbar to make it a bit more accessible, as well.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Steve Franks" wrote in
message ...
When I added a picture to a table cell the default setting for
text wrap was
'inline with text'. I changed this to behind text and now cannot
select the
picture to adjust its position.
I would like to right justify the picture, but this option is only
active after text-wrapping has been applied. The picture cannot
usually then be selected, unless it extends outside the cell. If
it overlaps the right edge
of the cell there is a pixel, or two, where the cursor turns into
a four way
arrow, blink and you'll miss it.
If the picture is completely contained in the cell the cursor
steadfastly remains an I bar no matter where I move it.
Is this a known bug in Word 2007?
--
Steve Franks