Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default footer page numbers shaded and shading can't be removed

You may not have changed it. This is one of those settings that sometimes
mysteriously "changes itself" (though it's probably an add-in at fault).

"newbie consultant" wrote in
message ...
Fabulous! Thank you! That was it! I must have changed it inadvertantly

and
for the life of me couldn't find how to chage it back. Thank you so much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View. Set field shading to "Never" or "When selected."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"newbie consultant" wrote

in
message ...
When I add page numbers to a word 2002 document, the page number is

shaded
in
dark grey and I can't remove the shading. This is not dimmed like in

print
layout view. There is actual shading. Ironically, a document I have

been
using for a few years has an embedded excel table in it. The last

time I
opened that document, the table was also shaded in the dark gray.

It's
like
the shading is in the background and I can't get rid of it. As I am a
technical writer, this is causing me great problems.