Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Multi-level list and style in Word 2007

In the Define New Multilevel List dialog box, you can change the numbering
settings and attach styles, the same way that you did it in the Customize
Outline Numbered List dialog box of Word 97-2003. The difference is that you
cannot open the dialog box via the Modify Style dialog box anymore. Instead,
use the Multilevel List button, and click Define New Multilevel List (I'm
aware that the wording of the command is misleading).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's the primar question: HOW TO ATTACH NEW NUMBERING TO EXISTING
STYLE. I am able to create a new multilevel numbering, but I am
unable to attach it (more precisely replace the old one) to the style.

Marko.

On 3 sep., 10:42, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Strange. It should be working, assuming that numbering is correctly
attached
to paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 30 avg., 13:36, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Select the problem paragraphs. Press Ctrl+Q to remove any paragraph
settings
(including numbering) not in style. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 29 avg., 13:52, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Hmm, apparently you are now using Word 2007. :-)

To edit a numbering scheme in Word 2007: Place the insertion point
in
top-level list item. Click Multilevel List (on the Home tab of the
ribbon),
and then choose Define New Multilevel List; this will display the
Define
New
Multilevel List dialog box, which corresponds to the Customize
Outline
Numbered List dialog box in previous versions.

I know all that, but this procedure will change only one instance of
the style - the one I started the procedure from. All the rest
instances of this style, including a new one, will still have the
old
multilevel style.

I do not know what exactly you mean, but going to paragraph with an
old multilevel style and Ctrl-Q it makes nothing.

Marko