Jay Freedman

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:36:05 -0700, "Tamlyn Schmeisser" Tamlyn
wrote:

I have recently started using Word 2003. I am trying to create a new
template which will be applied to a set of documents. The on-line help only
tells how to create a template from an existing document or an existing
template. I need to start from scratch. Any help?

In older versions of Word, you would open the File New dialog, click
the Template radio button and then click OK. Although it looked like
you were getting a template that wasn't based on anything else, in
fact it was based on Normal.dot.

In Word 2003, you get the same result by creating a new blank document
(which is based on Normal.dot) and setting the "Save as type" box in
the File Save As dialog to "Template (*.dot)".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman