Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mas5067 mas5067 is offline

Default how to stop a tab keystroke from jumping to next cell in a tab

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"mas5067" wrote:
I am using a table to align text in my resume', and I have been able set
tabs
to change text orientations within the cells in the past. For some reason
now, everytime I hit the "tab" key, it simply jumps to the next cell
within
the table, instead of allowing the "tab" that I want. Any help is
appreciated.

Hi Mike,

Ctrl+Tab inserts a tab in a table.

Not sure why you'd want tabs in a table, though...
"Change text orientations" -- do you mean left/center/right aligned? You can
use the paragraph alignment for that.
If the tabs are for something else, maybe you might change the number of
columns, or use indents.

Regards,
Klaus

That certainly did the trick! Thanks for the info Klaus, appreciate it!

Mike