Murray Muspratt-Rouse Murray Muspratt-Rouse is offline
Member

Location: Mill Hill, London, England

Thank you, Doug, for referring me to Albert Kallal's posts. I have decided to 'leave well alone', and persuade the users that being able to make changes to the merge document, and to the results of the merge, is exactly what they need!

Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Robbins - Word MVP View Post
I would suggest that you take a look at the information provided in the
following post by fellow MVP Albert Kallal:

Actually, use my merge sample. it don't give that warning, and you don't
have to change registiry stuff etc.

The sample I have can be found he
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal.../msaccess.html

What is nice/interesting about my sample is that is specially designed to
enable ANY form with ONE LINE of code....

Thus, each time you build a new form, you can word merge enable it with
great ease.

Make sure you read the instructions from above, and you should eventually
get to the follwoing page
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal...rge/page2.html

Note that the merge can also use a query, and thus you don't have to merge
just "one" record..

After the merge occurs, you get a plain document WITHOUT any merge fields,
and this allows the end user to save, edit, or even email the document
(since the merge fields are gone after the merge occurs).

Give the above a try.

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada