Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Gray over Bullets -- makes them look old

Thanks Franz,
But the bullet is Black. There's gray shading above and below the
bullet -- it's the same color of gray that shades field codes when they are
visible. I am trying to set up bullet styles for my paragraphs, but I've
got to get them right, first!
When I print out the page, there is no gray. The black bullets print
perfectly. It's just on the screen -- I'd like the gray to go away.
Grecian forumla, anyone?

--
*(((

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Hi Fishy

*((( wrote:
I'm using Word XP. Just recently, when I use bullets, they are
shadowed in gray. I have made sure that field shading is turned off.
But I still can't get the gray shadow to go away.
I'm not using the Bullets toolbar button -- I'm gonig straight into
Bullets & Numbering & appyling from there, as I've been told that's
better.

Well, the button simply applies whatever bullet you last choose on that
particular system. The best way to apply bullets would be to setup a
bulleted style and assign it to the paragraph in question.

However, for the color: You might have chosen a symbol that is actually a
picture (in gray), or you might have managed to assign a color to the
character used for the bullet:

Format | Bullets and Numbering | Adjust (not quite sure about this,
sitting in front of a non-English version at the moment), Font |
Fontcolor: it should be on "Automatic".

HTH
Robert
--