Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Default Word 2007 Default Font

Hi Jay,

If you're using
Home=Styles=Change Styles=Fonts
you're selecting a Font Set for a theme. If you choose one then go back to the same dialog and set 'default' that should stick.

If you're trying to change the default font for a Word style use
Home=Styles and click the Styles dialog launcher (the square on the bottom right of the Styles group) then right click on the
style you want to change and select modify. After changing the font for a style choose the 'New documents based on this template'
radio button at the bottom of the Modify Style dialog. (The default is to make the change only to the document you're working on).

===========
"jayare" wrote in message ...

I can't get the default font to change in Word 2007. When I pull down the
dialog box for Font (lower right corner), then pick Default, the message says
it is going to change the font, just like in previous versions of Word. But
when I then close Word 2007, and reopen, my new font is not there.

Any suggestions?
--
Jay Are H
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net