Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Hard Returns MS Word Template Form

If you set the row height of the cell that contains the field to exactly
accommodate the line height you will not get a blank line.

John wrote:
Graham:

Thanks. Your suggestion worked for fixing field lengths. Although
the lines are not visible the form adds a line when "Enter" is
pressed. Is there anyway to suppress the blank line?

John

"John" wrote:

I'm using MS XP and Word97. How do I stop anyone from entering a
hard return in my form? For example: If I have the following in
the form (example),

Last Name: text form field First Name: text form field

If the curser is in the text form field and I press "Enter" the
entire line from the right of that will drop down to the next line.

Last Name: text form field First Name: text form field

text form field First Name: text form field

Also, if the text form field is let's say 10 characters. As I type
in the text form field for the entire 10 characters, the next
field to the right starts moving to the right.

Example: Last Name: text form field First Name: text form
field

If I start typing in last name, the first name fiels starts moving
to the right by the number of characters I typed into the last name
field.

Last Name: aaaaaaaaaa First Name:
text form field

Thanks.\John