Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word Not Embedding Fonts in PDF

A possibility is that the font is not 'enabled' for export: many fonts that
come with Windows have restricted user rights. If you go to the FONT applet
in the Control Panel, you should be able to sort fonts by Embeddability
(what an awful word!).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
I noticed that one of my documents looked like caca when exported to
PDF. Suspecting the problem, I disabled the bitmapping of unembeddable
fonts.

Then the document was all in Helvetica.

Why would word not be able to embed the font in a PDF.

The font embedability is EDITABLE.

I can use other PDF creators and the font is embedded.