Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word XP - crash

I can access any of the menu options without Word crashing
but when I attempt to click on file that's when Word crashes.

I have renamed the normal.dot to normal.old, and the other options
for winword.exe /a and the problem still exist. So, I am not sure as of the
instructions for going into the registry. Now when I go into the registry and
delete the suggested key, will it rebuild the normal.dot once I launch Word
again?

Thanks,

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm .

wrote:
Hello,

When I open Word it crashes right away. I have updated the office suite
and uninstalled/installed the application and this did not resolve the
problem.

Thanks,