Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default Contacts/Category Mail Merge

You mean where you thought I made a typographical error? Seems everyone
disagrees with you on that one
Mail merges are the bane of the existence of both Word and Outlook MVP's. No
version does it well and each version is so counterintuitive and so
different in the steps required that most problems are next to impossible to
unsnarl with the limited information that can be included in newsgroup
posts.
Want the bad news? It won't get any better in upcoming versions. It seems to
me that Outlook and Word Developers do not know one another.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"KathrynBassett" wrote in message
ps.com...
Yeah! That did it! I had dismissed the Helper as you indicated, but
then saw that part on Graham's page where it showed #8, and thought I
had to do that. It made the time it took to make that step-by-step very
much worth while. I will modify the web page so that it specifically
tells what I did wrong, so that anyone coming upon this thread can
refer to it. Graham, you are welcome to either link to the page, or
take my screen captures for use on your page, to further clarify your
page.

And Russ, thanks for looking at it even though we have to agree to
disagree about the other thread.