Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default why can't I set table column width in word?

Since the table was imported from a Web page, check the Table tab to see if
a percentage width is specified. Also be aware of the possibility that the
table may be nested.

"rjbnlt" wrote in message
I have a table with two columns in word. It was imported from a web page.
When I try to change the width of column1 to 1", column 2 will show the

same
width, but the checkbox for "Preffered width" is a square and the width

value
is grayed out. So, I change the checkbox to a check, which allows me to

edit
the values, change column two to its correct value (6"), and click back to
column 1. Now, column 1 shows a square in the check box, and the width of
column 1 is showing 6" grayed out. Each time a change one column, the

other
one changes to the same value and grays itself out. How can I set the
columns to the proper values?