Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
maurice maurice is offline

Default Moving documents with embedded documents

Hello all,

We're planning to move the files from one of our old (NT) servers to a new
NAS server, based on Windows Storage Server 2003. The concern I have is that
many of the documents (Word, for example) have embedded Excel documents,
linked from other locations on the same servers. I suspect that when we
move these files over to the new NAS (which has a different name), these
embedded references will be invalid. We do not have a DFS root server
available. Has anyone faced a similar problem and found a resolution to
this? Or if the link information in the documents are only relative to the
containing documents?

Thanks