Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default Help with frames and image captios

Hi Suzanne

I believe I did the identical things in both.

I've uploaded a version of the doc to
www.orthohelp.com/upload/2 frames.doc
(You'll have to copy and paste that url)

You will notice that if you click on the caption text in Figure 2 no text
box appears, but if you click on the caption on Figure 3 a text box appears.
Both are within frames (marked by red borders for this example).

Jeff

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
When you select a wrapped graphic, including one in a text box, the
caption will be in a text box. Are you sure you're using a frame and
not a text box?

wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 in Windows XP and this concerns a Word document
(not a website).
In this document I use frames to accurately position illustrations
and their captions.
My question concerns 2 such instances where I cannot figure out why
the behavior is different.

In both cases - within the same document - I first created a frame
into which I inserted an image and then after selecting the image
added a caption (Insert/reference/caption). In both cases the image
and the caption are within their respective frames with the caption
below the image, but, in one case the caption is in a textbox (its
borders appear when I select the caption) while in then other there
does not seem to be a text box (no border that I can see when I
select it). I cannot understand the different behavior and how I can
select for
myself which one to use or if it matters.

Any suggestions or help?

Jeff