Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Format a mail merge doc address 2 fields are needed insome ltrs

Use an If...then...Else... field that checks if address 2 is blank. If it
is, have it insert the next field. If it is not, have it insert address2
followed by a carriage return and the next field

{ IF { MERGEFIELD address2 } = "" { MERGEFIELD nextfield } { MERGEFIELD
address2 }¶
{ MERGEFIELD nextfield } }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Smitty" wrote in message
I have a bunch of letters and my address 2 field has a suite or apartment
number. I want the address 2 field to go below the address 1 field, but
not
all of the letters reqiure an address 2 field. How do I avoid having a
blank
space in the letters where address 2 should go, but there is no address 2
insert in that specific letter? If the field code is used in the main
letter
before I merge it, once it's merged I have blank spaces in some letters
because there is no information for that field code. Please help...