Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guydickinson Guydickinson is offline

Default MACROS

Thanks v much - v grateful!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, that's the idea of the process I describe. First you trust all the
ones that can be trusted, and then you deal with the ones that are still
generating a message. Once you've done that, you won't get the message
again.

"Guydickinson" wrote in message
PS - The thing is I was hoping I could open Word without having to enable

or
disable macros. That was the main thing all along really. In the "old

days"
I could open word with no mention of the ***things!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The fact that macros are disabled suggests that you have your macro

security
set to High. Go to Tools | Macro | Security and change the setting to
Medium. Now when you start Word or open a document containing macros,

you'll
be given a choice of enabling or disabling them.

Then, on the Trusted Sources tab, be sure that "Trust all installed
templates and add-ins" is checked. That will take care of the macros in
files in your user templates and workgroup templates folders and in the

Word
Startup folder, and you will not get any messages about them at all any
more. Unfortunately, the "trust" does not extend to the Office Startup
folder, so any add-ins located there will still trigger a prompt, but in

the
dialog you will be given the opportunity to trust macros from the

publisher
of a given add-in. You can decide for yourself whether to trust the

add-in
or remove it.

You can also go to Tools | Templates and Add-ins to see what add-ins are

want;
remove them from the Startup folder.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Guydickinson" wrote in message
Ever since I bought and installed Office 2003 for students I have been
plagued by "Macros" in Word. Every time I load a document or create

one
in
Word I get messages going on about Macros being enabled or disabled

etc
etc
with the accompanying ping noises and its driving me crazy. I don't

want
anything to do with macros!!! Can anyone please tell me how to make

the
whole thing go away for good please?!! Thanks v much.