Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Default is there a template for writing checks on preprinted bank chec

If Davis & Henderson won't supply a template in Word format then you are
going to have to create your own as all bank cheques have slightly different
layouts. It's essentially a label mail merge, using a table to match the
layout of your cheques.
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm may help.

F6070 wrote:
Davis and Henderson only print the actual blank check not the actual
date, person receiveing the check and their address, text amount,
numerical amount nor the signatures. What I'm looking for is a
template to use their blank checks and merge with an excel
spreadsheet to print all the needed fields including is possible jpg
images of the signatures. Also I would like to print a note/letter on
the second and 3rd portions/stubs of the checks. The checks are a
sheet with the check on the top portion then under the check the next
3.5 inches is a blank section where you could print the deductions if
needed we want to insert a note in this sectioin explaining the reson
the check is being sent. The 3rd section another 3.5 inches of stub
would also be used for notes or the remainder of the note contained
in the second protion. e.g. 1 portion 3.5 inches is the blank acatual
check with all the preprinted and encoded standard check stuff. 2nd
and 3rd section is blank and we would use to print a standard note to
all those receiveing the check. "Jezebel" wrote:

You mean apart from the one provided by Davis and Henderson?

"F6070" wrote in message
and the Question is in the Subject statement. Īs there a word
template or excel template for writing checks on preprinted bank
checks?

"Jezebel" wrote:

And the question is...?

"F6070" wrote in message
I am working with a group that has a one time task of issueing
about 1200
checks each with the same date and amount. We have each of the
reciepants
names and addresses in an excel spreadsheet and would like to
print the checks by computer on computer checks ordered from our
bank and supplied
by
Davis and Henderson a leading check printer in Canada. We would
need to print
on the check is specific locations the date, amount and persons
name and
address. This needs to be exact so that the return address on the
check and
the persons name and address printed on the check would show
through standard
windowed envelopes. We intend to use checks that are 3 parts
(part 1 check,
part 2 stub and part 3 stub) on each single sheet of check stock.
Our intent
is to also print a standard note on the part 2 and part 3 stub.
We do not
have a need to print any deductions etc. on the stub