Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angry of Eastbourne

Default How do I get rid of American dictionary

I originally posted this of the "Office Setup" discussion group but someone
suggested I might have more joy here (perhaps I don't understand the
Microsoft definition of setup). I am using Office Word 2003 from the
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 (apparently this is relevant). My
problem is...

I have removed English (US) from my list of enabled dictionaries but Office
documents still change from spell checking in English (UK) to English (US) as
soon as I type a word like "favourable". I know how to spell favourable, in
English it has a "u" in it unlike American which doesn't, and I get really
irritated when I get prompted to change it from the correct spelling (from an
English perspective) to the wrong one. Is it possible to disable the US
dictionary altogether? If so,
how do I do it?