Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Outline numbering:using a 0

"Kimmie B" wrote:

If you can show me where I made some mistakes, I'd be obliged. I've gone
over section 2 of the aforementioned article pretty closely I cannot find my
error.

Maybe there is confusion arising from the gap between your
expectations/desires and Word limits.
I do not understand what you mean by "skipping a level".

In your sample below, you do not skip a level, you just go from 1.0 to 2.1.
That, to me, does not make sense. Where is 2.0 (or 2.)? Is that the skipped
level you mention?

Also, 1.0 cannot be level 1, unless the 0 is hard coded into the level 1
definition. 1.0 must be level 2 (or heading 2).

How did you get Word to display 1.0?

I must be missing something here...

I used heading styles.

Heading 1 gives me something that looks like this: 1.0 Project Description

Heading 2 gives me: 2.1 Master/Vision Planning

Heading 3 gives me: 2.1.1 Purpose

Heading 4 gives me: 2.1.1.1 Healthcare

Indenting and numbering works perfectly, EXCEPT that numbering does not
insert a 0 if I skip a heading level.

Can you show us an example of text with a skipped level?