Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default How to get to email from Word

"George Lutz" wrote in message
But I don't want to send the entire Word document -- just the portion of
it
that is my email. I take notes as I go through the day, and occasionally
compose an email that I then want to send. The email is just a small
portion
of the day's notes. So, I compose the email, then cut and paste its text
into Outlook. The button I used in Word 2003 called up Outlook, opened a
blank email, and allowed me to paste in the text I had prepared in Word.
also had a button that called up Outlook with an email already addressed
my assistant, who is the recipient of about half of the 20 or so emails I
send each day -- very convenient. Amazing that such a useful feature
would
be eliminated in an "updated" version of Word!

Unfortunately Outlook 2007 doesn't use all of Word 2007 as the email
editor - it uses a stub. Therefore you can't do what you used to do in 2003
in the same way.
However, I don't understand why you would compose an email in Word and then
paste the text into an email - why not just write the text directly into a
new email message?