Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
George Lutz[_2_] George Lutz[_2_] is offline

Default How to get to email from Word

Graham's macro works very nicely -- thank you, Graham.

Terry: I would like to try your suggestion, but Outlook does not seem to be
a Command available to me in Word Options | Customize | All Commands. Where
can I find the Command to which you are referring?

Thanks.

George Lutz

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

George

You can add the Outlook command button to the QAT, just like you can add the
Send to Mail Recipient tool to the QAT.

Terry Farrell

"George Lutz" wrote in message
But I don't want to send the entire Word document -- just the portion of
it
that is my email. I take notes as I go through the day, and occasionally
compose an email that I then want to send. The email is just a small
portion
of the day's notes. So, I compose the email, then cut and paste its text
into Outlook. The button I used in Word 2003 called up Outlook, opened a
blank email, and allowed me to paste in the text I had prepared in Word.
also had a button that called up Outlook with an email already addressed
my assistant, who is the recipient of about half of the 20 or so emails I
send each day -- very convenient. Amazing that such a useful feature
would
be eliminated in an "updated" version of Word!

I appreciate your replies. however.

George Lutz

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

It was never necessary to copy and paste into a blank email in Outlook.
All
you ever needed to do from Word was to click on the Send to Mail
Recipient
tool (in either Word 2002, Word 2003 or Word 2007).

When you click on that tool, it adds the standard email address bar to
the
top of the windows which looks and feels identical to the blank email in
Outlook.

In Word 2007, you need to add this command button Send Mail to Recipient
the QAT because Microsoft inexplicably left it off the Send Menu.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"George Lutz" George wrote in message
I just chagned from Word 2003 to Word 2007. In Word 2003, I had an icon
in
the toolbar that allowed me to call upOutlook. I.e., I wouudl compose
and
email in word, then select and copy it, then click on this icno, and an
email
opened up ready for me to paste in the text. I am pretty sure I used
the
Customixe feature in 2002 to do this.

How can I get such an icon in 2007 to land in my Quick Access Toolbar?

Thanks.

George Lutz