Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K Kim K is offline

Default Send as attachment doesn't send e-mail

In Word 2007, when sending a document as an attachment, the e-mail does not
send when I click "send". I have to go to the Outlook and click 'send and
receive' to get it to go. Then, the e-mail message doesn't close after it's
sent; I have to right-click on the message on the toolbar and close it that
way. The document I was sending was saved as a Word 97-2000 document (the
recipient doesn't have the 2007 version of Word). Does that have something
to do with it?