Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default why cant i type in my word document-what is section locked ?

If this happens with a particular document, that document could be protected
(or restricted). Which version of Word are you using?

If it happens with *all* of your documents, I'd guess you are using an
expired trial version (buy a full version) or an installation of Word/Office
that hasn't been activated (activate it).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rosie" wrote:

my document wont let me type , or indeed do anything. the bottem left hand
corner is telling me the section is locked when i try type. what is this and
how do i fix it. its very important as uni work is calling
thanks =]