That looks kind of chartreuse on my screen. I would add more red, I think
(in fact, I have to run it all the way up to 255 to get something that looks
"gold" to me).

I recently made a graphic that was supposed to be gold on red, and the color
I used (in Publisher) was Accent 2 (Gold), which is 225, 204, 0).

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
While I agree with Suzanne that inkjets don't simulate "metallic"
colors very well, you can try the RGB combination R=217, G=217, B=25.
To enter this, click the More Colors item at the bottom of the font
color dropdown, click the Custom tab, and type the numbers in the
boxes.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 7 May 2005 14:58:09 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

You're unlikely to find a single color that will really much resemble
metallic gold, and since fonts in Word can't be formatted with a

gradient,
you'll have to settle for a single color, which will be a sort of
orangey-yellow. There are only two ways that I know of to get true

metallic
gold:

1. Use a desktop printer that takes a gold ink cartridge in place of

black.
In this case, you set the type as black (Automatic) as usual, but it

comes
out gold.

2. Ditto for a commercial printer. You set the copy in black, and he

prints
it with gold ink.

so
all may benefit.

"SSchwalbe" wrote in message
I am writing up a 50th wedding invitation and would like the type to be

in
gold. What combinations of colors should I try? I have a Lexmark 1150

printer.