Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Default Is AutoComplete feature for AutoText Entry available in Word2007?

This might be useful:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_B...&_AutoText.htm

Laura K wrote:
I agree. Transcriptionists all over the world must be cussing right
along with me! I transcribe letters for doctors who repeat the same
phrases over and over. The autocomplete feature in autotext was such
a time saver. The autotext feature in 2007 does not work well for
many of my entries, such as physician addresses and the building
blocks are impossible to insert on the fly. I have to stop typing,
go to Quick Parts, go to the Builing Blocks Organizer, find the
building block and then click insert. With autocomplete, I would be
able to start typing the text, it would pop up, I would hit enter and
keep on typing. While I understand what Microsoft was trying to do
with the building blocks, they really dropped the ball by omitting
the autocomplete feature as it was in 2003. My work is taking twice
as long now.

"Linda S." wrote:

We miss the AUTO COMPLETE feature to insert an Auto Text entry that
was available in Word 2003, but we have not found how to activate it
(if it is available) in Word 2007.

We have found Quick Parts not as user friendly as the old Auto Text.

Any tips?

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org