Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Display Display is offline

Default How do I get the Acrobat option back in the Tools menu of Word

I'm running Adobe Acrobat 8.0
Earlier there was an Acrobat-option in the tools bar together with File,
Edit, Layout etc. Suddenly it's gone, however.
When looking at the list of active add-ins in Word the PDFMaker is there -
Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin - but on the bar ther is nothing of it.
Any hint is appreciated
Rgds

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" skrev:

What version of Acrobat are you using?

When you say "back", do you mean that it was there previously? Or do you
mean "back" as in "the way it was in Word 2003"?

Word 2007 doesn't normally have a menu at all, so it's not clear what you
mean--the menu was replaced by the ribbon. Some older versions of the
Acrobat toolbar can show up in the Add-ins tab in Word 2007, with limited to
no functionality. I don't know about integration in more recent versions of
Acrobat, since Microsoft's free add-in has basically made Acrobat a moot
issue for me.

If this is for creating .pdf files, you might find the free add-in from
Microsoft fills your needs without having to resort to using Acrobat. It can
be downloaded he

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Display" wrote in message
Running Windows Vista Business and Office Small Business 2007.
How do I get the Acrobat option back in the Tools menu of Word?