Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod

Default merge % from Access to Word

Hi Peter,

Try embedding your MERGEFIELD in a formula field coded as:
{={MERGEFIELD MyData}*100 \# ,0.00%}
replacing 'MyData' with your field name and changing the number of decimal
places in the numeric picture switch (i.e. \# ,0.00%) to suit your
requirements.

Cheers

"Puzzled Peter" Puzzled wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and Access 2003, and want to use % values in a table

as
merged fields in a word document. Using switches, I can get the % sign and
suppress the (occasional) weird non significant digit about 10 places

after
the deimal point, but I cannot convert the stored value ( which is

expressed
as fraction of 1) to a whole number. For example, 25% is stored in Access

as
0.25 ( design format double and 2 decimals) but in the table view is shown

as
25.00%. The data was origianlly appended from an Excel spreadsheet -

believed
to be Excel 2003, but I am not sure.