Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Page-break-before inside a table doesn't work

That I haven't noticed. However, it seems just as annoying as what I *have*
noticed: When you promote a heading in a table cell, it affects all the
cells of a row--applying (say) Heading 1 to the whole row.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ordinarily, though, formatting of that type ("Page break before," "Keep
with
next") applied to a single paragraph in a row *will* apply to the entire
row, which is why it's so difficult to troubleshoot KWN issues in tables:
you have to examine every paragraph in every cell in the problem row.

so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
"Page break before" cannot be applied to single paragraphs inside a table
cell (if that's what you are trying to do). Instead, it should be applied

an
entire table row in which case it will force that row to start a new
page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote:

I've since upgraded to Word 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2 and am basically
seeing the same thing.

Creating a new document containing only a 2-column table, it appears
that page-break-before is only effective for the first paragraph for
rows 2 onward in column 1 only.

Is this the intended mode of operation ???