Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do I modify WordArt created using an earlier version of Word?

Hi Morag Todd,

How much of an older version of Word? The message can be related to using the older WordArt package but also from interference from
a 3rd party add in in Word 2003.

If you start Word 2003 in Office safe mode (hold ctrl key when starting Word) and opening the same file from File=Open do you get
the same message?

If you right click on the WordArt item what does it list for 'convert' and 'Format' choices on the right click menu?

========
"Morag Todd" wrote in message ...
I am using Word 2003 but when updating documents created in earlier versions,
get the error message "The server application, source file, or item cannot be
found" when trying to modify WordArt within the documents.
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP