Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GTifeld GTifeld is offline

Default Can't delete object in document

I have a weird problem here that I can't figure out. Someone gave me an
80-something page document where several of the pages contain an item that I
don't recognize. It appears to be a border or banner that appears on the left
side of the page (seemingly outside of the margins). It's actually a vertical
shaded bar with text inside it written sideways. I can't click or right click
on it and none of the things I've checked from the toolbars seem to apply to
it. It only appears in "Print Layout"; Not in "Normal or Format View".

I'm completely stumped. How do I get rid of this? Any ideas? Thank you in
advance.