Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Seenewnow Seenewnow is offline

Default How do I eliminate the line above endnotes?

Suzanne, you are a kindhearted and patient soul. I *did* delete both the
separator and the continuation separator, but that long line is still there
both as a separator, and when the notes run to a new column, as the
continuation separator. I'm working in two columns, and it runs virtually
the entire length of the column.

When I do alt-v, f and go to that menu to "reset" the separator, if I put
the normal separator back in, *both* lines show up!!!!!!!!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You probably didn't delete the Endnote Continuation Separator, which is one
of Word's more illogical consistencies (consistent with Footnote
Separator/Footnote Continuation Separator, but betraying zero knowledge of
what multiple pages of endnotes would ordinarily look like).

"Seenewnow" wrote in message
Thank you for your quick reply! I realized that whereas I am using
(*&&^^%
2007, I had set my document for '97-'03 compatibility, and so the pulldown
didn't show up. It all works great - except now, for some reason I don't
understand, I have a long line as a separator, even though the line itself
has been deleted! I'll figure it out.

THANK YOU for your patience.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming that the document contains at least one endnote, when you use
Show
Notes in Draft view, you should see an Endnote pane at the bottom of the
screen. At the top of that screen is a toolbar with just one dropdown
list
box, showing All Endnotes. Click the arrow beside this and choose Endnote
Separator or Endnote Continuation Separator.

"Seenewnow" wrote in message

Suzanne, thank you for trying! I am using the &&^$#@^ 2007, so I set it
at
Draft, then went to References/Show Notes. But I don't see the
"dropdown
list in the toolbar in the endnotes pane" that you mention. I right
click
within the pane, but I only get the same menu that I get if I click on
"footnotes" in the menu at the top of the page, which doesn't have
anything
like "endnote separator" in it, even when I click on "notes options."
Can
you help me find that toolbar???????

Thank you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Switch to Normal view (Draft in Word 2007) and View | Footnotes